To get the most out of using Social Media to promote a business, you need to increase the number of followers you have.
Here are a few tips to help you gather followers on your social media accounts.
- Show interest and get involved in other people’s social media accounts – Comment, like and share their posts and they will notice you and follow you back.
- Interact with like-minded people – Follow those people that you think are a good match for you. Know who you are targeting. Know why these people are interested in your brand.
- Hide all the negative posts from your page – Hide the Facebook Trolls. Block comments and posts that feature certain words or phrases. You can also just hide the negative comments.
- Stay committed and deliver consistently – Produce enough content so that you are able to post on a regular basis.
- Hire a social media manager – If you cannot commit to social media, hire someone that will focus solely on your social media accounts and increase the number of followers you have.
- Give people a reason to follow you – Run contests and give away prizes that people actually want or that can make an improvement in their lives. Running contests motivates people to share your page with friends and family.
- Teasers – Put teasers of the content on your social media accounts on your website or in your newsletters. Provide people with the link to the full content on your social media pages. This will get people to your social media pages, increasing the chance of people following you.
- Social media widgets – Provide Facebook and Twitter widgets on your website.
- Promote your social presence everywhere – on your website, signage in your store, on your business cards, in email marketing messages.
- Focus on content – Provide people with content they cannot get anywhere else.
- Prioritize your social media accounts – Focus on the account where the majority of your target market spends their time
- Have patience! It may take some time before people start following you.
Getting people to follow you is probably the hardest part of social media communication. There is no single way to boost your social-media following. It will take a combination of a few of the above points before people start following you.